To date, one large randomised controlled clinical trial and two smaller studies have been conducted to evaluate the outcome of Alexander lessons for people with persistent neck pain:
1. The large randomised controlled trial called ATLAS (Alexander Technique Lessons or Acupuncture Sessions for people with chronic neck pain). Several papers have been published on the results. Read about:
- ATLAS main clinical findings
- Improvement in self-efficacy and self-care ability following Alexander lessons
- Participants' greater sense of embodiment and self-efficacy following Alexander lessons
- Economic evaluation
2. A much smaller trial assessing the effect of Alexander lessons for people with persistent neck pain.