In this disclaimer, the words ”we” or ”us” or ”STAT” refer to the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique.
The Scope of Alexander Technique Teaching
The Alexander Technique is a discipline in the ”use” of the self. STAT teachers aim to help pupils/students learn to improve their ”use”.
The Alexander Technique is not a medical intervention. It does not aim to cure medical conditions. Alexander Technique Teachers are not trained in medicine and do not offer medical diagnosis or treatment or therapy. Any improvements in medical conditions and general health and well-being associated with learning the Alexander Technique can be considered by-products of an improved use of the self and such beneficial outcomes, though frequently reported, are not guaranteed to occur.
STAT and STAT Teaching Members
STAT is a professional association. STAT makes reasonable endeavours to ensure that its teaching members are competent and are aware of their professional and legal responsibilities. But STAT Members are not employed by STAT and STAT cannot be held directly responsible for their conduct or competence. Our responsibilty lies in taking appropriate disciplinary action should we become aware that a teaching member has fallen below the applicable standard. If you think you have encountered malpractice by one of our Members you should contact us.
Third party websites
There are many links from our website to websites published by third parties. We are not responsible for the content or functionality of those websites and we accept no liability for any loss or damage you may experience as a result of accessing them.
The information on this website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant:
- that the information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- that the information on this website is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.
Limiting our liability
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence by STAT;
- limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law