These classes are an informal continuation of the recently closed Manchester A.T. Teacher Training School and offer:
- a friendly and supportive environment for teachers
- CPD hours for new teachers (including the option to attend as a post-graduate student)
- a traditional training environment for trainee teachers (with the permission of their course director)
- experience and preparation for those considering training as a teacher in the future
- an opportunity for advanced study for enthusiastic pupils
Regular teachers include Peter Bloch (main assistant of MATTS for 5 years from 2002), Nigel Evans (the main assistant of MATTS for 10 years from 2007), Malcolm Williamson (the Director of MATTS for 16 years, 2001-2017), Liz Hulse, Pauline Leng, Sue Fleming (all regular teachers at MATTS for at least 10 years) - and many more - and we host occasional visits by notable senior teachers from further afield.
The class runs on up to 40 weeks each year (with breaks for the usual holidays) and teachers and pupils are welcome to attend as and when they wish without notice. Pupils new to these classes are requested to check with me before their first visit.
After some time, these classes may form the basis for a new professional training course for teachers.
Venue address, website and telephone numbers
4 Chapel Lane