This Short Course is for 6 - 10 participants, so please book in advance.
Hilary will be assisted by Jessamy Harvey MSTAT
Suitable for 6 - 10 beginners and people who have already attended introductory workshops. Please enrol in advance. One reduced rate private lessons is available to course participants.
Beginners ~ complete beginners will need to attend either a 1:1 lesson or an Intro Workshop such as that on 3 September, prior to attending this course.
Lovely Venue overlooking Clissold Park:
Find out how you can learn to let go of habits that don't serve you and learn the history and basic concepts underlying the Alexander Technique. We will explore new ways to sit, stand, walk, pick things up, bend and lie down etc whilst developing more awareness and mindful movement.
Move more freely ~ Reduce pain & stress ~ Calm mind & body ~ Increase wellbeing
- Gentle Experiential Games ~ Designed to help you become aware of your habits of body-use and offering you ways to change those that may cause problems
- Discussion and Demonstrations ~ Find out how learning the AT can help you throughout your life
- Hands-on guidance ~ So you can gain a sense of how AT teachers guide your movements and help you to let go of habits that don't serve you
- Constructive Rest Procedure ~ learning and practicing this helps you look after your back plus calms your mind and body
- Meet and learn from others who are interested in the Technique ~ through observation and sharing feedback
One Reduced Rate Private lesson for participants ~ £30 (optional extra)
This 3/4 hour lesson is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to see what AT lessons are really like and allows Hilary to understand your individual needs more clearly.
Small Group - Please enrol in advance
Apologies - the contact form on my own website may not be working so if you do not hear from me, please email me direct:
Further info: www.hilaryking.net
"I'd heard of the benefits of the Alexander Technique but it wasn't until recovering from a serious operation that I went along to one of Hilary's workshops...
I consider her one-to-one classes a huge boost to my continual wellbeing. AT has proved to bring me huge benefits physically and mentally and I consider it a discipline that can provide a greater understanding of the workings of the body throughout life" Gillian
Complete beginners will need to have attended an Intro Workshop such as that on 3 September, or to have had a 1:1 lesson
You will be asked to lie on the floor for part of the session and to explore how you make everyday movements such as sitting, standing and picking things up. However the venue does have disabled access if you have problems climbing stairs.
Clissold Park Tennis Pavilion
3 Queen Elizabeth's Walk
106 Lordship Road
141 & 341 Green Lanes
Manor House then walk or bus down Green Lanes