This page is for Teachers and Students who are having difficulty logging into the Members Area. It is an extract from the User Manual, in case you're finding it too large to download.
Your Login Details
- You should have been sent a Username and password (=Login Details) by the Office. You will need these to log into the Member Area of the website.
- Once you have your Login Details you should log in to your User Account at an early opportunity to change your password to something that is easily remembered by you but is also secure.
- Once you have changed your password the Office will not know what it is. However, if you forget it, you can request a new one yourself.
How to log in
- The website address is currently www.stat.org.uk
- You can access the Member Area login page by clicking the button near the top left of the page. (Refer to this Screenshot if you're not sure where the button is).
- The User Login screen should now appear. You should put in your Username and Password and click the Log in button. (Refer to this Screenshot for more details).
- The Members Area menu option should now appear at the right hand end of the main menu bar and the Teacher Login button changes to a Log Out button. (Refer to this Screenshot for more details).
- If you’ve forgotten your Login Details you can get help from the website by clicking the Request New Password link. (See Screenshot).
- Even if you have forgotten your Username, provided you know your email address you can get a new password and reminder.
- Put in the email address or Username and then just click the button. (See Screenshot + Username Example + Email Example)
- The site will send you a forgotten-password email. It will tell you your Username and will give you a long link (=password reset link) which will enable you to log into the website. (See Password Email example)
- Click that link, or copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser and navigate to it that way. (See Forgotten Password Login example).
- You’ll now see the Reset Password page. It tells you your Username and how long you’ve got before your special password reset link expires. Don’t delay – log in now and get the job done.
- When you click the link you are logged into your account. You should now put your new password in. You have to put it in twice (the aim is to confirm it, to make sure you haven’t mistyped it first time around). (See Screenshot).
- You can use the same password you had before, but given that you may have forgotten it perhaps it wasn’t the best choice.
- Don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the save button. Otherwise your password will not change. (See Screenshot).